What We Do
Maintain the Firm Base in Nepal in order to enable Gurkha recruiting and welfare services.
- Phase One (Registration) was a ten week phase comprised of one-day programmes that concluded on 29 July 2022 and provided a call forward list of Potential Recruits (PRs) for attendance at Phase Two (Initial Selection) from across all districts of Nepal.
- Phase Two (Initial selection) is a ten week phase comprised of one-day programmes attended by those successful on Phase One (Registration). It takes place in British Gurkhas Pokhara (BGP) between 3-27 September 2022 for the Gurkha Contingent Singapore Police Force (GCSPF) and between 2 November - 15 December 2022 for the British Army (BA). PRs are scored and placed in an Order of Merit (OOM) that is published on an online call-forward list for Phase Three (Final Selection).
- Phase Three (Final selection) is a six week phase comprised of four-day programmes attended by those successful at Phase Two (Initial Selection) and acts as the final filter to select those suitable for service in the GCSPF and BA. It is under the responsibility of the Deputy Recruiting Officer (DRO).
Serving Soldier Welfare
Brigade and Unit Welfare Officer (BUWO)
- Investigate and send Compassionate Case Signals to Joint Casualty and Compassionate Cell (JCCC).
- Maintain Serving Personnel contacts those on leave in Nepal and investigate leave extensions.
- NOTICAS, DILFOR, Repatriations, and provide after care services.
- Conduct BMRC and deal with marital disputes in Nepal.
- Assist dependent for UK VISA documentation and call forward for Brunei Garrison.
- Perform normal Unit Welfare Officer’s task for BGN Serving Personnel.
Click here for Brigade and Unit Welfare Issues Only
Gurkha Veterans' Advice Centres (GVAC) Structural Change
Gurkha Welfare Trust (GWT)
Welfare for ex-servicemen in Nepal provided by Gurkha Welfare Trust (GWT), is the field arm of the UK based charity. Visit www.gwt.org.uk
Gurkha Settlement Office (GSO)
Provide information for ex-servicemen who wish to settle in UK.
British Gurkhas Nepal, Lalitpur +977 1 4235329
Pension Paying Office (PPO)
PPO Kathmandu (BGK, Jawlakhel, Lalitpur) +977 1 4235322
PPO Pokhara (BGP) +977 61 567251 or 567253
PPO Dharan (SCB Dharan) +977 25 536992*
DISASTER RELIEF PREPAREDNESS
- Conduct disaster relief exercises
- Keep camp resources in a ready state at all times