Our aim is to deliver Gurkha recruitment, provide local support to the soldier and ex-servicemen and maintain Disaster Relief preparedness within resources in order to support Firm Base activity in Nepal in accordance with UK Defence Strategy.
Gurkha Recruitment for British Army and the Gurkha Contingent Singapore Police is run in British Gurkha Pokhara.
" The Call Forward list for Central Selection for Eastern Nepal is now available as a Download on our Regional Selection page"
Please click on the link below to visit our Recruiting pages.
Brigade and Unit Welfare Officer (BUWO)
- Investigate and send Compassionate Case Signals to Joint Casualty and Compassionate Cell (JCCC).
- Maintain Serving Personnel contacts those on leave in Nepal and investigate leave extensions.
- Deal with NOTICAS, DILFOR, Repatriations, and provide after care services.
- Conduct BMRC and deal with marital disputes in Nepal.
- Assist dependent for UK VISA documentation and call forward for Brunei Garrison.
- Perform normal Unit Welfare Officer’s task for BGN Serving Personnel.
Gurkha Welfare Trust (GWT)
Welfare for ex-servicemen in Nepal is provided by Gurkha Welfare Trust (GWT) which is the field arm of the UK based charity.
Gurkha Settlement Office (GSO)
Provide information for ex-servicemen who wish to settle in UK.
British Gurkhas Nepal, Lalitpur +977 1 4235329
Pension Paying Office (PPO)
PPO Kathmandu (SCB Lazimpat) +977 1 4415044
PPO Pokhara (BGP) +977 61 567251 or 567253
PPO Dharan (SCB Dharan) +977 25 531992