No commitment to join the Army after university
Be more than your degree
The Universities Officers’ Training Corps (UOTC) is a unique place where students from all walks of life thrive, having exciting and rewarding experiences and make friends for life. As a member of the UOTC you will have amazing adventures, develop transferable skills, sporting opportunties and a great social life.
You can do all of this alongside your studies, with the added bonus of being paid!
As a member of the UOTC you have no commitment to a career in the Army after university.
What we do
University students who join the University Officers' Training Corps will have the opportunity to undertake Reserve Officer training modules designed to fit around their degrees. This will teach you everything from how to wear a uniform correctly to the ability to lead others in stressful situations. The UOTC provides a standard of experience and training that is well respected within the Army, and highly sought after by numerous civilian employers.
The UOTC also develops leadership through Sport and Adventurous Training. Each unit has teams for most major sports and in Adventurous Training, you can experience everything from kayaking to rock climbing.
The University Officers' Training Corps
The best decision I made at university Grace, 20
At university you need an opportunity. Internationally recognised leadership training on your CV will set you above the crowd in the eyes of employers and propel your career after graduation.
Alongside all this you will be undertaking amazing expeditions around the globe with your mates whilst being paid. All UOTC activities are designed to fit around your studies, which will always take priority. Like any other university society, every unit holds regular social events. These can anything from formal society balls to fancy dress nights!
What Will We Give You
Friends for Life – A society built around its members, you will make friends for life, share unique experiences, travel and have fun.
Rewarding Experiences – This is a place to thrive. The UOTC is a unique opportunity at university that offers adventurous experiences, sports, Basic Army Officer Training and social events. It is a place to have fun and get paid for your participation. You can do as much or as little as you like!
Transferable Skills – Develop and improve your employability skills as an effective leader, a creative thinker and a confident problem solver. Work in a team and have fun. Whilst we offer a route to a career as an Army Officer there is no obligation or commitment to a career in the Army after you graduate.
ARMY OFFICER FINANCIAL SUPPORT
ASPIRATIONS DON'T LET MONEY GET IN THE WAY
After experiencing the camaraderie and wealth of opportunity that being part of the UOTC brings, you might decide a career in the Army is for you.
There are a number of Army Officer bursaries available to support you through university, helping you to reach your full potential.
You could be eligible for a bursary of up to £25,000 or £75,000 if you are a medical student.
Click below to find out more!
- ABERDEEN - Gordon Barracks, Ellen Road, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, AB238DB
- BELFAST (Queens) - Tyrone House, 83 Malone Road, Belfast, BT9 6SG
- BIRMINGHAM - Montgomery House, Stoney Lane, Sparkbrook, Birmingham, B12 8AT
- BRISTOL - The Artillery Grounds, Whiteladies Road, Bristol, BS8 2LG
- CAMBRIDGE - Army Reserve Centre, Coldham's Lane, Cambridge, CB1 3HS
- NORWICH - 325 Aylsham Road, Norwich NR3 2AB
- EAST MIDLANDS - Army Reserve Centre, Broadgate Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 2HF
- EDINBURGH - Duke of Edinburgh House,301 Colinton Road, Edinburgh EH13 0LA
- EXETER - Exeter UOTC, Wyvern Barracks, EXETER, Devon, EX2 6AR
- GLASGOW AND STRATHCLYDE - 95 University Place, GLASGOW G12 8SU
- LEEDS (HEADQUARTERS) - Carlton Barracks, Leeds LS7 1HE
- LEEDS (YORK DETACHMENT) - Worsley Barracks, Fulford Road, York YO10 4EB
- LIVERPOOL - Liverpool detachment: Crawford Hall, Mather Avenue, Allerton, Liverpool L18 6HF
- LANCASTER - Lancaster detachment: Alexandra Barracks, Caton Road, Lancaster LA1 3NY
- LONDON - Yeomanry House, Handel Street, LONDON, WC1N 1NP
- CANTERBURY - Canterbury Detachment: Leros Barracks, Sturry Road, CANTERBURY CT1 1HR
- MANCHESTER AND SALFORD - University Barracks, Boundary Lane, Manchester M15 6DH
- NORTHUMBRIAN - St Cuthberts Keep, Holland Drive, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE2 4LD
- OXFORD - Falklands House, Oxpens Road Oxford, OX1 1RX
- SHEFFIELD - Somme Barracks, Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2HU
- SOUTHAMPTON - 32 Carlton Place, Southampton SO15 2DX
- TAYFORTH - ST ANDREWS - Wyvern House, City Road, St Andrews KY16 9HW
- TAYFORTH - DUNDEE - 16 Park Wynd, Dundee, DD1 5HG
- TAYFORTH - STIRLING - Meadowforth Road, Stirling, FK7 7SD
- WALES - BANGOR - The Barracks, Llanberis Road, Caernarfon, LL55 2DD
- WALES - ABERYSTWYTH - Army Reserve Centre, Boulevard Street, Brieuc, Aberystwyth, SY23 1PH
- WALES - SWANSEA - Army Reserve Centre, John Chard VC House, Glamorgan Street, Swansea, SA1 3SY
- WALES - CARDIFF - Ty Richard Wain VC, Maindy Barracks, Whitchurch, Cardiff, CF14 3YE
How to apply
Find your nearest UOTC and get in contact through their page or at your Freshers' Fair
Complete the application process and medical
Three female soldiers reveal how the latest developments in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) are central to their jobs in the British Army.
The British Army has released its Army Digital and Data Plan, setting out how it will deliver its vision of a data centric and digital optimised Army that will out-think and out-pace its adversaries.
CUOTC offers leadership training to local businesses
Cambridge University Officers' Training Corps
Follow us on social media
Want to find out more about the University Officers' Training Corps? Follow us on social media or the UOTC unit social media closest to your University of choice