The competition is open to everyone, military and civilian
We want to hear your unique perspective, whatever it may be! We particularly are keen to support aspiring new authors. For 2023, we are looking for submissions on the theme of Leadership and Emotional Intelligence.
Ask yourself what insight you could provide and what lessons could be learnt from it. You should also use academic texts and materials to support your submission. Be creative and unique! We want challenging, fresh thinking.
Winners will be presented with their certificate at a ceremony at the NAM on Thursday, 25 May 2023. Winners may also have the opportunity to publish their work as an article in the NAM’s Members Magazine or as a CAL Occasional Paper.
CAL-NAM Essay Prize 2023
- Essays should be no longer than 3,000 words, excluding notes and a bibliography (if applicable).
- Authors should include a 200-word abstract and a short biographical note including their full name, rank/grade (if applicable), and basic information about their professional experience.
CAL-NAM Essay Prize 2023 – Junior Category
- This category is open to young writers between the age of 16 and 21.
- Essays should be no longer than 2,000 words, excluding notes and a bibliography (if applicable).
- Authors should include a short abstract and a biographical note with their full name, age at time of submission, and any other relevant information.
For information and essay submission, Email: [email protected]
- Deadline: Friday, 31 March 2023 at 23:59 (BST)
- Results will be announced on Friday, 28 April 2023.
- The Award Ceremony will take place at the National Army Museum on Thursday, 25 May 2023.