Leading Successfully Through Change
This year the Centre for Army Leadership’s annual conference was held at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst on the 8th of November. With the subject - Leading Successfully Through Change.
Over 900 delegates from across defence and the civilian sector attended to listen to some great keynotes and in the afternoon a smaller number attended as keynote panel session and Leadership workshop.
As the British Army’s major leadership conference, the event bought together leaders and academics from across the military and civilian worlds in order to explore ‘how to lead successfully through change’.
In today’s complex and rapidly changing world, leaders at every level need not only to be comfortable with change but also have the skills to anticipate it and the ability to recognise its impact.
During the morning 900 delegates were able to listen to five experts present on their experiences and understanding of leading through change:
- Nik Gowing and Chris Langdon (Authors of Thinking the Unthinkable)
- Margaret Heffernan (Entrepreneur, CEO and writer)
- John Manzoni (CEO of the Civil Service and former CEO of BP)
- David Marquet (Former nuclear submarine Captain and author)
- VIP afternoon session with a panel of four distinguished guests discussing their experience of leading through change and ending with a Q&A.
- Expert led facilitated workshop session exploring the themes and lessons of the day.
- Closing address by Major General Paul Nanson CBE, Director Leadership (Army).