OUR RECRUITING PROCESS
Regular Officer or Soldier
We have plenty to offer including various operational deployments as part of The Task Group. Regular Officers and Soldiers must simply submit their Posting Preference Proforma to the Army Personnel Centre (APC) Glasgow through their normal Chain of Command. Applicants will be boarded by the APC prior to issuing an Assignment Order.
Your employment is based on your current skills and knowledge. Please send in your CV and the completed application form. If you pass the CV sift we will call you forward for an assessment day. This includes Regular Officers and Soldiers planning to leave full time service and become a Reservist.
If you aspire to join the Brigade, send us your CV and an application form, which will enter our sift selection process. We will invite you to an assessment day if you pass the sift selection. We would also encourage you to contact the National Recruiting Centre to begin your recruitment process here.
- Influencer - An individual whose expertise is in activities that contribute to the changing or maintaining of another’s attitudes and/or behaviours.
- Civil Affairs - An individual who can provide an effective link and enhance the relationship between military forces and civilian authorities.
- Media - An individual whose expertise is in the design, production, or delivery of a message, story or imagery.
- Capacity Builder - An individual with a skill set in development of Government programmes, organisation structures and outputs to aid improvement and growth.
- Generalists - An individual with a broad background in marketing, advertising, media production, civil affairs and stabilisation activity
- Content (Digital, print and audio) creatives
- Historians and research experts
- Digital content experts
- Social media experts
Regular Officers and Soldiers must simply submit their Posting Preference Proforma to the Army Personnel Centre (APC) Glasgow through their normal Chain of Command. Applicants will be boarded by the APC prior to issuing an Assignment Order.
For current Reservists and Civilians we run a series of briefing and assessments days.
The assessments allow us to tell potential applicants what we are looking for and select suitable individuals who may have skills the Brigade needs to operate in the future.
For current Reservists and civilian applicants we use the following approach:
- Briefings on the background and future role of the Brigade
- Can the individual cope with uncertainty?
- Emotional intelligence
- Problem solving
- Study of individuals approach to problems with unorthodox solutions
- Ability to deal with complex situations and scenarios
- Opportunity to offer a personalised view of what they can bring to the Brigade
Before attendance at an assessment you will be sent a briefing pack which will include pre-work to complete.
Following completion of the assessment for current Reservists and civilians we will notify you of the your result.
This does not automatically select you for a place in the Brigade. This is done via the normal applications to join the Army or if already serving via the selection board processes.
Reservists may be offered roles in the Brigade on an E2 assignment away their from parent unit.
Civilians will either be encouraged to apply to join the Army as a Reservist or Specialist Reservist. Specialist Reservists are restricted to employment only in 77th Brigade and not the wider Army.
For Regular Officers and Soldiers this section is no longer relevant please apply via RCMO and APC routes.
Get in touch
If you would like to apply to join us please get in touch by email.
For general media enquiries should be directed to the MOD’s 24-hour Press Office number 0207 218 7907.
Please get in touch and we can discuss your options further.
ADDRESS: Denison Barracks, Hermitage, RG18 9TP