38 (Irish) Brigade is a light role infantry brigade within the Adaptable Force. As an Adaptable Force brigade, 38 (Irish) Brigade conducts a wide range of activity.
It trains for and delivers warfighting capabilities; it trains and supports indigenous forces overseas; and it supports local authorities and emergency services in national resilience efforts to mitigate the impact of natural and other disasters in Northern Ireland and the UK.
38 (Irish) Brigade has its headquarters in Thiepval Barracks, Lisburn. The infantry troops under command are:
38 (Irish) Brigade also has responsibilities to support Northern Ireland’s 2,000 Army Reservists and 3,000 Cadets.
- The Scottish and North Irish Yeomanry
- 206 (Ulster) Battery 105 Regiment Royal Artillery
- 591 (North Irish Horse) Signal Squadron 32 Signal Regiment
- 2nd Battalion The Royal Irish Regiment
- 152 (North Irish) Fuel Support Regiment RLC
- 253 (North Irish) Medical Regiment
- 204 (North Irish) Field Hospital
- 157 Field Company 106 Battalion REME
- 62 Company 6 Military Intelligence Battalion
- Queen's University Officers' Training Corps
38 (Irish) Brigade Headquarters
Thiepval Barracks, Lisburn