Deployed Hospital Care
2nd Medical Brigade delivers Deployed Hospital Care (DHC), including Battle Casualty Replacements and Individual Augmentees, for current and contingent operations.
About the Brigade
The Brigade delivers the Very High Readiness Field Hospital and 335 Medical Evacuation Regiment, which provides specialist ground based care capabilities for critically ill patients.
The Brigade also provides the Hospital Support Regiment that sustain niche surgical, clinical and nursing teams (such as Neurosurgical teams).
The Army Medical Services Training Centre ensures the high-training standards required of the hospitals and their staff.
The Brigade is made up of:
- 3 Regular Field Hospitals
- 10 Reserve Field Hospitals
- A Reserve Hospital Support Regiment
- A Reserve Specialist Medical Evacuation Regiment
- A Reserve Operational Headquarters Support Group
Queen Elizabeth Barracks Strensall North Yorkshire