British Army’s Light Role Adaptable Force
Headquarters 1st (UK) Division heads up the British Army’s Light Role Adaptable Force, optimised for the challenges of today, both at home and abroad. With approximately 14,000 Regular and 11,000 Army Reserve soldiers, the Division is configured to deliver ‘light role excellence’.
1 (UK) Division is:
- Committed to the British Army's global operations, from Afghanistan to Cyprus.
- Ready; with a light brigade at readiness for operations at all times.
- Engaged. The whole of the Division is tasked with Defence Engagement around the world with other nations' armies.
- Committed to UK resilience and on standby to assist the UK civil authorities.
The Division has one Specialised Infantry Group, six Adaptable Force Infantry Brigades and a Logistic Brigade:
- HQ Specialised Infantry Group
- HQ 4th Infantry Brigade and HQ North East (Catterick)
- HQ 7th Infantry Brigade and HQ East (Chillwell)
- HQ 11th Infantry Brigade and HQ South East (Aldershot)
- HQ 38th (Irish) Brigade (Lisburn)
- HQ 51st Infantry Brigade and HQ Scotland (Stirling)
- HQ 160th Infantry Brigade and HQ Wales (Brecon)
- HQ 102nd Logistic Brigade (Grantham)
Imphal Barracks, York
HQ 4th Infantry Brigade and HQ North East
Peronne Lines, Catterick Garrison
HQ 7th Infantry Brigade and HQ East
Chetwynd Barracks, Chilwell
HQ 11th Infantry Brigade and HQ South East
Roebuck House, Aldershot
HQ 51st Infantry Brigade and HQ Scotland
Forthside Barracks, Stirling
HQ 102 Logistic Brigade
Prince William of Gloucester Barracks, Grantham
HQ 104 Logistic Support Brigade
Headquarters, South Cerney, Gloucestershire
HQ 8 Engineer Brigade
Gibraltar Barracks, Minley, Hampshire
2nd Medical Brigade
Headquarters, Strensall, North Yorkshire