29 Regiment RLC, part of 104 Logistic Support Brigade, is the Army’s centre of gravity for both movements support and postal & courier capabilities. The Regiment is located at the Duke of Gloucester Barracks, South Cerney; where it operates the Joint Air Mounting Centre.
The Regiment is organised into six squadrons:
- 55 Headquarters Squadron
- 50 Postal Courier and Movement Control Squadron
- 59 Postal Courier and Movement Control Squadron
- 69 Postal Courier and Movement Control Squadron
- 80 Postal Courier and Movement Control Squadron
- 99 Postal Courier and Movement Control Squadron
All six squadrons are developing a stronger relationship with our paired reserve, 162 Regiment RLC, alongside twinned units in Canada, France and the USA.
29 Regiment Royal Corps of Transport (RCT) was formed in Devizes, Wiltshire.
Moved to RAF South Cerney, which was renamed the Duke of Gloucester Barracks.
29 Regiment RLC was formed with the Movement Control elements later joining the Postal & Courier elements of 2 PC Regiment, Royal Engineers.
Squadrons from 24 Regiment RLC were re-subordinated to 29 Regiment RLC.
Duke of Gloucester Barracks
South Cerney Gloucestershire