The Royal Military School of Music, located at Kneller Hall, Twickenham has a wonderful museum housing instruments and other interesting articles with connections to military music.
This small but fascinating collection holds memorabilia associated with military music from the last 200 years, including a bugle that sounded at the Charge of The Light Brigade.
You will also find;
- Interactive displays
- Medal displays
The museum will close to the public at the end of February 2020 prior to moving from Kneller Hall. The event will be marked with two open days, on Friday 28th and Saturday 29th February. Regular tours will take place between 11am and 3pm. Please pre-book a tour on www.surverymonkey.co.uk/r/NPQB92V
For historical or archival enquiries please email email@example.com
- The museum is normally open every Thursday morning during term times 10.30 - 12.30 or by prior arrangement.
Please Note: The museum will not be open for visits on Thursday 6th February
- The cost is £5 per person.
- People with disabilities are welcome and the museum is accessible by wheelchair.
- There are no refreshments available on site but there are amenities nearby.
- The museum will close to the public at the end of February 2020 prior to moving from Kneller Hall. The event will be marked with two open days, on Friday 28th and Saturday 29th February. Regular tours will take place between 11am and 3pm. Please pre-book a tour on www.surverymonkey.co.uk/r/NPQB92V
Become a friend and get involved with the Kneller Hall Museum.
Who are the Friends?
The Friends of The Museum of Army Music exist to support the work of curating and maintaining this important and historic collection of instruments and other objects held at the Kneller Hall Museum. By becoming a Friend, you can help sustain this unique record of the heritage of military music in this country.
Who can join?
It doesn’t matter if you are an ex-serviceman, a serving member or simply a member of the public with an interest in Army music, you will be very welcome!
What benefits will I get from joining?
As a Friend, you will have the opportunity to engage with the Museum in a variety of ways from recitals and talks about the collection to the opportunity of visiting other collections, as well as having early notice of any events taking place at Kneller Hall, through our regular newsletters, you will also be able to arrange access to the Museum for private visits.
Above all, you will know that all your money is going to preserve something utterly unique. We need your help to preserve, conserve and expand our very special collection.
I’m convinced - so how do I join?
We ask you for an annual membership fee of £20, preferably by Standing Order.
For further information please use the email address below: