Central Selection Overview
British Gurkha recruiting may be affected by the Coronavirus Pandemic. We will do everything possible to support the wishes of the Government and people of Nepal. This may mean that selection dates and methods change. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KEEP CHECKING THIS WEBSITE TO ENSURE YOU KEEP UP TO DATE. WE WILL ALSO BE REGULARLY UPDATING YOU ON THE “BRITISH GURKHAS NEPAL” FACEBOOK PAGE.
ब्रिटिश गोरखा भर्ती कोरोनाभाइरस महामारीबाट प्रभावित हुन सक्छ। हामी, सरकार र नेपाललका जनताको ईच्छालाई सहयोग गर्न सक्दो प्रयास गर्नेछौं। यसको मतलब भर्तीको छनौट मिति र विधिहरू परिवर्तन हुन्छन्। कृपया यो वेबसाइट हेर्दै गर्दै गर्नुहोस् । हामी तपाईलाई नियमित रुपमा "ब्रिटिश गोरखा नेपाल" फेसबुक पेजमा पनि अपडेट गर्नेछौं ।
Welcome to the Recruit Intake 20 Central Selection Page.
If you have been selected from Regional Selection to attend Central Selection then you have already done very well so well done. Key to your success will be how well you prepare yourself for all aspects of Central Selection.
In the downloads section at the bottom of these pages, you can find lots of help for the Physical, Educational and Interview aspects of Central Selection.
02 January – 04 February 2020
You must arrive on the date of your call forward which you can find in the download section below.
You cannot prepare for the medical. However, here are some tips to help you:
- Do no listen to very loud music or other loud noises immediately before Central Selection or it may affect your hearing test.
- Do not take any supplements or energy drinks as these may affect your performance.
- Declare any medication on entering British Camp so that we can properly look after you during your selection.
- Be careful in your Physical Training.
- We recommend that you use the Training Programme below. Do not over train and injure yourself before Selection.
- Always warm up and cool down before and after all training sessions.
- Make sure you train progressively and plan your training so that you are at your peak by Central Selection.
- The Physical tests for CS are:
- 2000m Run in 8 minutes 15 Seconds
- 8 Heaves as a minimum
- Lift and Carry Long in 6 Minutes and 30 Seconds
- Jerry Can Carry – 240 metres in 2 minutes 10 seconds
- Doko Race – 5.8km carrying 15KG in 50 minutes
- Use the video on the website to help you.
There will be 4 English tests during Central Selection. The tests are run by Professional British Education Officers. You can find practice exams below in the download section.
RI20 Tests will fall in line with the new and updated Functional Skills Syllabus which can be found below in the download section.
If you make it to the interview you have done very well. At this stage we want to know who you are and why you want to be a Gurkha Soldier in Britain’s famous Brigade of Gurkhas. If you are successful, you will carry our high reputation into the future so we only want the best and the most trusted individuals.
A soldier in the Brigade should have excellent values and standards, be robust and, most importantly must want to do the job of Gurkha Soldier.
Advice for the interview can be found in the download section below.