Our services are free of charge and we advise all of our veterans take full advantage of these provisions. It is also worth noting that we (GSO/GVAC/DVAC) are the only offices that can apply for your National Insurance Number in Nepal.
Gurkha Settlement Office (GSO) have trained specialists who assist Gurkha ex-servicemen and their eligible dependants in processing settlement visa and provide factual information on life in the UK and welfare services available there. Although most of these services are also available at GVACs/DVAC, you may need GSO help in certain situations as they have the expertise on these matters.
Please see below the services GSO provide:
- Assist ex-servicemen and their eligible dependants in filling up UK settlement application (ILE/ILR, Returning Resident, BRP lost and Vignette Transfer) including processing of online payments for the visa fees in liaison with Standard Chartered Bank Nepal.
- Provide factual information on welfare services in the UK.
- Setting up National Insurance in liaison with Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) UK on behalf of the Gurkha ex-servicemen and their eligible dependants after they have acquired visa.
- Respond to any other queries regarding on UK settlement, welfare services and issues relating to life in the UK.
- Liaison with Gurkha Welfare Advice Centre (GWACs) regarding UK settled pensioners issues and concerns
Visa Application Fees
Latest visa application fees can be viewed through the link below:
- Visa Application Fees (including ILE and Returning Residence)
- Visa Application Fees (including BRP Replacement and Vignette Transfer)
Please note these rates are subject to a bank charge; Standard Chartered Bank charges 3% for administering online transactions.
GSO contact details are as below: