We use cookies to improve your experience on our website and ensure the information we provide is more relevant. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we will assume you are happy to accept all cookies on the Army website. You can change your cookie settings at any time.


Transition to Civilian Life

Welcome to 4th infantry Brigade's transition page. Our aim is to provide advice to personnel about to leave the Armed Forces and make informed decisions to settle within the Yorkshire or the north east of England.


Depending on your length of service, you may be entitled to resettlement provision and employment support from the Career Transition Partnership (CTP). Your Unit Resettlement Officer (URO) or Individual Education and Resettlement Officer (IERO) will be the best source of advice and will guide you during your resettlement interviews.

Service leavers who are registered for Standard Learning Credits (SLC) and Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) should be aware of the opportunity these present for further training or education.

Service leavers looking for advice on children’s schooling should go to the relevant Local Authority website or contact the Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS). Please follow the links below for help with choosing a school.

North Yorkshire County Council Administrates schools for the seven councils in its area.

Remember to mention you are former Armed Forces personnel as your child’s school is eligible to claim the Pupils Premium for six years post your discharge.

4th Infantry Brigade - Transition Liason Officer

The role of the Transition Liaison Officer is to ensure that service leavers and their families, have the information they need, or are signposted appropriately, to allow them to transition smoothly to civilian life.

Telephone: Not available

Email: 4X-MCI-GpMailBox@mod.uk

c/o MCI Team
Headquarters 4 Infantry Brigade
Baden Powell House, Peronne Lines
Catterick Garrison, DL9 3JS