Join us


Department of Work and Pensions Benefits

Service Personnel and families may be entitled to claim benefits that are administered by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).

Check your entitlement

Benefits can cover most aspects of family life, from support to people on low earnings, to accommodation and heating, having children or caring responsibilities, and many more. In many areas of the UK, Universal Credit has replaced the need to claim for a range of individual benefits.

You can check which benefits you may be entitled to on the Government's Benefits website.

Check you entitlement

Benefits when posted abroad

If you are receiving benefits in the UK and are posted abroad, you should check with DWP what you should do well in advance of your move. The UK has reciprocal arrangements with a number of countries, which will enable you to continue to claim some benefits while you are overseas.

UK Benefits Abroad

Changes in circumstances

If you are claiming benefits, it is important to tell DWP of any changes in your personal circumstances, particularly where your family may be earning more or less money.

Legal action can be taken against anyone who is claiming benefits to which they are not entitled, and benefit payments may be stopped.