Army has established a Capability Spotlight to explore emerging technologies and identify specific capabilities in the Agile C3 space suitable for rapid exploitation.
It will push the boundaries of technology and military capability, testing a range of prototype systems by putting them in the hands of the user while giving invaluable military feedback to suppliers.
Download the file below and follow the instructions provided.
When - The closing date for Expressions of Interest and the subsequent submissions will be:
30th September 2019
What - You will need to submit details of the technology you would like to see involved in the AWE
The Process - Submissions will pass through a paper sift down selection before passing on to a Dragon’s
Den style process where applicants will be invited to pitch their proposed their technology.
Those successful submissions will then be required to demonstrate their systems capability
before being taken to the final Experimentation stage.
Contact Us - Any questions, please email:
The purpose of AWE20: Agile C3 is to: ‘Identify how the Army can exploit developments in technology in the Agile Command, Control and Communication space’.
We aim to:
- Engage with industry technology providers of all sizes to explore what innovative approaches to traditional issues can be leveraged to give the Army a competitive edge.
- Expose capability and knowledge gaps
- Explore technology ready for rapid exploitation
- Create a community of industry partners that will encourage a collaborative approach to problem solving.
Areas of Interest
AWE20 seeks to answer the following questions:
How can technology...
• Improve data exploitation for situational awareness and understanding?
• Enable us to make faster and better-informed decisions?
• Reduce the detectability and improve the resilience and agility of HQs at all levels in
order to enhance their survivability?
• Enable more efficient deployment and employment of our HQs on operations?
• Improve command on the move and facilitate dispersed HQs?
Agile C3 has been identified as one of the ‘nine fundamental deductions and insights judged most critical to guide strategic, joint and command force development.’
The AWE programme (previously URBan EXperimentation or URBEX) has been an ongoing Army experimentation programme for around 10 years and has constantly delivered high quality evidence for the army and invaluable military feedback to industry. This has been achieved by creating military scenario environments and generating innovative ways to engage with a large variety of industry.