Harnessing technology to prepare for complex future warfare
AWE 21 seeks to harness technology to prepare for complex future warfare. It has been designed to experiment with and showcase next generation Collective Training Systems, to inform future Army and wider Defence force development decisions.
The Army Warfighting Experiment has been the flagship innovation experimentation programme for the British Army for the past decade, forging relationships with industry and messaging our allies and adversaries that the British Army is looking to the future with cutting-edge technological advances.
AWE 21 will offer an insight into what the Army is seeking to create through collaborative relationships with industry academia, allies, and partners.
Transforming the way we train, by incorporating and experimenting with cutting edge technology.
The experiment will showcase the benefits of the Collective Training Transformation Programme’s vision for Next Generation Collective Training: connected real-time synthetic and instrumented live collective training, enabled and measured through an extra layer of performance digitisation, which connects the war fighter(s) to enable real-time / near real-time action review and response.
Through the most demanding experimentation AWE21/Exercise Dynamic Warrior will demonstrate the CTTP requirements that contribute to the delivery of the Future Collective Training System 2025 by:
- Closing the data-capture and exploitation gap.
- Putting the soldier at the heart of the technology to meet ‘Generation Z’ capabilities and expectations.
- Leveraging cutting edge industry capabilities across the delivery spectrum (the Vital Ground).
- Embracing the developing principles of Prototype Warfare and 6DI/MDI to enable rapid trial, experimentation and integration of new concepts and technologies.
Challenges to Industry
- Provide a common, immersive and credible synthetic wrap that seamlessly supports training across the Live, Virtual and Constructive environments.
- Transform the quality of, and replicate scale within, the Urban Training environment.
- Provide an immersive, complex and multifaceted A3ES ecosystem that challenges the training audience across the human, physical and information domains.
- Improve the capture, access, feedback and exploitation of data across all training systems.
- Demonstrate a single, deployable and scalable Connectivity solution.
Ex Dynamic Warrior
The British Army together with industry partners are coming together this month for the Army Warfighting Experiment 2021. Taking place on Salisbury Plain in Wiltshire, it will enhance future technological training capabilities on the battlefield.
Virtual Reality (VR) training could become the norm for the soldier of the future, as the Army Warfighting Experiment 2021 on Salisbury Plain Training Area is demonstrating this month.
The Army Warfighting Experiment 21 (AWE) is transforming the way soldiers train by incorporating, and experimenting with, cutting edge technology in order to meet the emerging and complex threats thrown up by the digital world.