Harnessing technology to prepare for complex future warfare
Army Warfighting Experiment 21 Virtual Launch 10 Nov 2020 (1000-1230).
Hosted by Deputy Chief of the General Staff, Lieutenant General Chris Tickell, and Director Capability.
Transforming the way we train, by incorporating and experimenting with cutting edge technology.
The experiment will showcase the benefits of the Collective Training Transformation Programme’s vision for Next Generation Collective Training: connected real-time synthetic and instrumented live collective training, enabled and measured through an extra layer of performance digitisation, which connects the war fighter(s) to enable real-time / near real-time action review and response.
Through the most demanding experimentation AWE21/Ex DW will demonstrate the CTTP requirements that contribute to the delivery of the Future Collective Training System 2025 by:
- Closing the data-capture and exploitation gap.
- Putting the soldier at the heart of the technology to meet ‘Generation Z’ capabilities and expectations.
- Leveraging cutting edge industry capabilities across the delivery spectrum (the Vital Ground).
- Embracing the developing principles of Prototype Warfare and 6DI/MDI to enable rapid trial, experimentation and integration of new concepts and technologies.
Challenges to Industry
- Provide a common, immersive and credible synthetic wrap that seamlessly supports training across the Live, Virtual and Constructive environments.
- Transform the quality of, and replicate scale within, the Urban Training environment.
- Provide an immersive, complex and multifaceted A3ES ecosystem that challenges the training audience across the human, physical and information domains.
- Improve the capture, access, feedback and exploitation of data across all training systems.
- Demonstrate a single, deployable and scalable Connectivity solution.