Maxim MG08/15 7.92 mm machine gun 1918 (c).

This Maxim gun was captured by ‘C’ Company of the 1st Battalion The Middlesex Regiment (Duke of Cambridge’s Own) at Elzenwalle on 14 July 1918. The water-cooled MG08 was the German Army’s standard machine gun of World War One (1914-1918) and could fire at up to 400 rounds per minute using 250-round fabric belts of 7.92 mm ammunition.