On the formation of the Combat Support Capability Directorate (CD CS), Regimental Headquarters Royal Engineers (RHQ RE) took on many of the responsibilities of Headquarters Engineer in Chief (Army).
Colonel Royal Engineers has thus been charged with delivering support to the moral component of fighting power by providing leadership, direction and guidance to the Regimental family. He is also the custodian of and conscience on all Regimental matters, RHQ RE’s responsibilities include.
- Support to our soldiers, families and veterans
- Recruiting, selection and Regimental outreach
- Development of employment opportunities
- Personal and career development strategy
The Regimental Legacy
- Sustaining the Corps, its heritage and memoranda
- Community Engagement
- Charities and funding
- Governance and Assurance
The Home of the Corps
The Royal Engineers comprises of both regular (full-time) and reserve (part-time) units, located around the UK and in Germany. Our Regimental home sits with the Royal School of Military Engineering and Corps Museum in Chatham Kent.
RHQ RE Postal Address