Privacy and Cookies
The Army, as part of the Ministry of Defence, is committed to protecting your privacy.
When you contact us or visit our websites, your personal information is stored securely and processed fairly as required by the Data Protection Act 1998.
- What information the Army may collect about you
- How the Army will use your information and ensure this is not shared with organisations outside the Ministry of Defence
- How long your information may be held on our systems
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us
- How cookies are used on our websites and the options available to reject these
To improve your experience and make this site simpler to use, we sometimes place small data files on your computer or mobile device. These are known as cookies. Most big websites do this too.
They improve things by:
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remembering information you've given (eg your postcode) so you don't need to keep entering it
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
Our cookies aren't used to identify you personally. They're just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete cookies as you wish.
The cookies used on this website can be grouped into four categories:
1. Strictly necessary cookies
2. Performance cookies
3. Functional cookies
4. Targeting cookies