Auster AOP Mk9 - XR244 (G-CICR)
The Auster Mk9 started to replace the Auster Mk6 in 1956 and continued in service for a further ten years during which time the AOP Squadrons had been absorbed into the Army Air Corps. The Army Historic Aircraft Flight (AHAF) maintained XR244, which was built at Rearsby in 1961. She remained at Middle Wallop for all of her operational life in the training role.
In her final years she was used to train pilots in the art of Forward Air Controlling and other fixed wing flying training in readiness for the introduction of the Beaver. XR244 officially transferred to the AHAF on 11 September 1981 and subsequently handed over to the Historic Aircraft Flight Trust on 1 February 2015, where she was registered with the civilian register as G-CICR.