663 (Air Observation Post) (AOP) Squadron Royal Air Force (RAF) (Polish: 663 Polski Szwadron Powietrznych Punktów Obserwacyjnych) formed up at San Basilio, Italy, on 6 December 1944. Volunteer Polish Army officers had been sent by ship to South Africa in June 1944 for initial training as pilots and were instructed by a British training unit at Eboli, under Major WE Wright. The Squadron became operational in January 1945 and supported 5 Corps, before transferring to 2 Polish Corps. With the end of the hostilities the Squadron took over communication duties and later returned to the United Kingdom where they disbanded on 29 October 1946 at Burma Camp, Llwyngwril, North Wales. In 1949 the Squadron was reformed as a Royal Auxiliary Air Force (RAuxAF) Squadron and put under command of Army Group Royal Artillery, however the Squadron was yet again disbanded in May 1957. 663 Sqn was reborn on 24 October 1969 when the title moved to the Army Air Corps (AAC) following the amalgamation of 3 Flight and various non-AAC units. After a short time at Perham Down, the Squadron moved to Netheravon, was disbanded as 3 Regiment AAC and moved to Germany in July 1977, in support of the the British Army of the Rhine. This period of disbandment only laster one year as 660 Sqn were re-titled 663 Sqn Army Air Corps. The Squadron is located at Wattisham, Suffolk.
Squadron motto - 'We fly for the guns'.
Squadron badge heraldry - An Eagle displayed holding a snaffle bit.