Sport and Adventurous Training
Sport is seen as an important part of your military training, and while at SUOTC you will get the chance to participate in a number of different sports.
Over the past few years SUOTC has reached the semi finals of Divisional Army Football, participated in TA National Hockey Tournaments, and the Army Swimming Championships.
The main sports practised at SUOTC are:
SUOTC takes part in a number of adventurous training expeditions each year, many of which are created and run by Officer Cadets, with help from the Unit staff.
The Unit has taken part in many landmark AT exercises, to areas such as the Himalayas, Corsica, Peru and Gambia. Sailing and skiing also form part of the AT element. Some of the events usually on offer each year are:
- Spartan Hike (Army Skiing Championships in France)
- Winter Challenge (Novice Skiing in Austria)
- Easter Sailing Week (in UK waters)
- AT Phase at Summer Camp (Watersports, Mountain Biking, Hill Walking)
- Blue Odin (Sailing Week in Germany & Denmark)